Founder – Johana Bahamón
Promoter of second opportunities for the prison and post-prison population of Colombia. Actress, businesswoman, founder and executive president of the Internal Action Foundation. Appointed by the Ministry of Justice and Law as a Goodwill Ambassador to promote the re-socialization and humanization of the prison system (2014).
In 2000 she began her acting career. After participating in 15 productions and her last leading role in the Tvshow “Three Miracles”, she retired from acting to dedicate and to work in prisons.
In 2012 she created a theater group at the women’s penitentiary “El Buen Pastor” in Bogotá, where she began her involvement in prisons. To date, with the Fundación Acción Interna, they have managed to benefit the 112,000 people deprived of their liberty in the 132 prisons in Colombia.
- In 2013, she created the Internal Theatre Foundation, now the Internal Action Foundation.
- She has carried out the I, II, III and IV National Prison Theatre Festival, with extra-mural performances for the public.
- Organizer of the first TEDx in a Latin American prison (TEDx “Buen Pastor”: How to Turn Mistakes into Opportunities).
- Member of the Prison Dignity Committee of the Ministry of Justice and Law (2013).
- Co-founder of Freedom House, a space for post-penitentiary attention in alliance with the Ministry of Justice, INPEC and Colsubsidio.
- Manager and creator of the first restaurant in the world open to the public in a women’s prison, INTERNO.
- She has participated as a speaker at important international events of the IDB, such as the Women’s Forum for Society and Economy in Deauville, France and Sao Paulo (2014), the True North Woman in Guanajuato, Mexico (2015), Tedx Mujeres Bogotá, Demand Solution in Miami., Women Economic Forum Latin America, McKenzie among others.
- In 2017, she began her involvement with the juvenile prison sector.
Recognitions and Awards
- Nominated as one of the 30 Best Leaders in Colombia 2014, an award granted by Semana magazine, Telefónica and the Leadership and Democracy Foundation; a recognition for public leaders who have advanced Colombian society through positive change during the 2013-2014 period.
- In 2015, it was highlighted in “Women who contribute to Colombia” by the magazine Semana.
- In 2017 she was named Ambassador of Reconciliation by the OEI and Reconciliation Colombia.
- Winner of the EY (Ernst & Young) 2017 Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Portfolio Award for Community Contribution 2017.
- INTERNO is selected by TIME magazine among the 100 Best Places in the World 2018.
- Best Entrepreneur in Politika 2018 awards.
- Selected by the Obama Foundation for the meeting with former President Obama and ten young emerging leaders of Colombia.
- Award ” International Women’s Prize 2019″ created by the International Leadership Forum, the National Chamber of Women of Mexico and the World Leaders Organization.
- “Outstanding Young Person 2019” Junior Chamber of Colombia.
- Inclusive Leader 2019″ Award granted by the ANDI Foundation and USAID , for the development of inclusive competitiveness strategies for vulnerable populations.
- Honorary Member of the Colombian Criminal Lawyers Association – March 2020.
- National “Cafam Woman 2020” Award
- Young Global Leader 2020 (YGL) of the World Economic Forum
- Ten Outstanding Young Person of the World – Toyp International 2020