Founder – Johana Bahamón
Promoter of second opportunities, defender of the rights of the prison population of Colombia. Actress, entrepreneur, founder and Executive Director of the Acción Interna Foundation, appointed by the Ministry of Justice and law as Goodwill Ambassador to promote the rehabilitation and humanization of the rehabilitation and humanization of the penitentiary system (2014).
In 2000, she began her acting career, after participating in 15 TV productions and being her last starring role in the TV Show “Tres Milagros”, she quit acting to dedicate her time to the prison population.
In 2012 she created a theater group at the women’s penitentiary “El Buen Pastor” in Bogotá boosting her connection to the prison sector.
- In 2013, she founded “Fundación Acción Interna” and has worked in 29 prisons with more tan 30.000 inmates.
- Member of the Dignity Prison Committee, part of the Ministry of Justice and Law (2013).
- Creator of the I, II, III and IV National Festival of Prison Theatre, where 24 prisons have participated.
- Organizer of the first TEDx in a Latin American prison (TEDx Buen Pastor ‘ How to Turn Mistakes into Opportunities’).
- Co-founder of Casa Libertad, a place for second opportunities for ex convicted population. (2015)
- Founder and creator of INTERNO, the first restaurant in the world open to public in a women prison.
- She has participated as speaker at important international events such as the Women’s Forum for Society and Economy in Deauville, France and Sao Paulo (2014), the True North Woman in Guanajuato, Mexico (2015), Tedx Mujeres Bogotá, Demand Solution in Miami.
- In 2018 she started working in juvenile detention centers.
Recognitions and Awards
- Member of the Top 30 Leaders of Colombia 2014, prize awarded by “Revista Semana” , Telefónica and “La Fundación de Liderazgo y Democracia” (Foundation of Leadership and Democracy;”) a recognition to public leaders who have taken steps to make positive changes in the Colombian society during the period 2013-2014.
- In 2015, Johana was highlighted in “Mujeres que le aportan a Colombia” (“Women who give to Colombia”) “Revista Semana.
- In 2017, she was appointed as “Ambassador of Reconciliation” by the OEI and “Reconciliacion Colombia”
- Winner of the Social Entrepreneur of the year EY Colombia 2017.
- Portafolio Award for “Aporte a la Comunidad”(“Community Support”) 2017
- Founder and creator of Interno, the first restaurant open to public in a women prison, selected as one the TIME Magazine´s 2018 World´s Greatest Places.
- Best Entrepreneur – Politika awards 2018
- Selected by the Obama Foundation for the meeting with former President Obama and ten young emerging leaders from Colombia.
- Winner of the “International Women’s Award 2019” created by the International Leadership Forum, National Chamber of Women of Mexico and World Leaders Organization.
- Distinction “Young outstanding 2019” Junior Chamber of Colombia.
- “Inclusive Leader 2019” Prize awarded by the ANDI Foundation and USAID, for the development of inclusive competitiveness strategies for the vulnerable population.
- Honorary member of Colegio de Abogados Penalistas de Colombia -march 2020
- “Mujer Cafam 2020” award winner
- Young Global Leader 2020 (YGL) of the World Economic Forum
- Ten Outstanding Young Person of the World – Toyp International 2020